Saturday, February 2, 2008

Life of Pie: Waitress

A great food movie. Keri Russell stars as Jenna, a genius pie maker who comes up with tons of pie recipes. The names are exceedingly corny (i.e. I cheated on Earl but I felt bad pie), but nonetheless play into the movie's quirkiness. The subplot of Earl and the affair with her pregnancy doctor (Nathan Fillion) is too ordinary. The pregnancy subplot was OK. On the bright side, some great side characters: Eddie Jennison's Oki and Andy Griffith's Joe. All of the cast (with an exception of Jeremy Sisto, who played Earl) is amazing. I thought the movie had a delicious edge to it, like a pie crust that is done just right, the specialty of Jenna. A-

1 comment:

aspergiansarah said...

I liked this movie. That guy Ogie (I think, no Okie) cracked me up. It's a mystery why Jenna's buddy found the guy, who obviously had some issues, fascinating. But, my favorite thing Nathan Fillion's in will always be Joss Whedon's TV show "Firefly." Even if you don't like sci-fi, you should watch it. Brilliant.