Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Music of My Life

I don't think I've ever really gotten into this on my blog, but I love music about as much as films. It fills me with a lot of emotion. I'm mostly into alternative rock, yes, but, for example, I still was effected by the orchestral pieces played in the trailer for "A Prophet." This blog has coined the term "movie-music moment" and those always strike me, but I'm into music on its own.

Here is some of the music I like/love. I'm just so swept away by some of it I feel the need to post it here and see if you like it as much as I do. Also just to show you another side of my personality. I'll admit, some of these videos are not exciting. I usually just listen to them and disregard what's actually being shown.

I don't write about music analytically, although I think that way about it. I've tried writing reviews, but I never can. I really just like to listen. I'm seeing a movie later today, so I'll have a review by tomorrow, but here's something in the meantime, because it's been a long time since my review of "The Ghost Writer."

She's a Jar by Wilco (I recently discovered this song, but it's been often on my mind)

There, There by Radiohead

Alone, Together by The Strokes

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart by Wilco

Up the Junction by Squeeze

Crying Lightning by Arctic Monkeys

Staring at the Sun by TV on the Radio
I dunno, comment, share your own favorite songs, try to share some music with everyone.

1 comment:

Jozeph Dukö said...

Hey, it's Dulö
I think it's really cool that u have branched off of just doing movie reviews, and are now talking about other movie related things.

Dukö