Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Roundup of Sorts

(UPDATE: I will continue to add to this.) I haven't posted since last month and I will resume posting once I start seeing films in theaters again. There hasn't been anything to pique my interest lately, but come "Crazy Horse," "The Deep Blue Sea," "The Raid," "Damsels in Distress," and more, there will be reviews. In the meantime, here are some of the significant films that I've seen off the big screen:

in order of preference:

Le Haine, dir. Mathieu Kassovitz, 1995 (A)
Night of the Living Dead, dir. George Romero, 1968 (B+)
Young Adult, dir. Jason Reitman, 2011 (B+)
L'Atalante, dir. Jean Vigo, 1934 (B+)
Sweet Smell of Success, dir. Alexander MacKendrick, 1957 (B+)
Sangre de Mi Sangre, dir. Christopher Zalla, 2007 (B-)
The Tin Drum, dir. Volker Scholondorff, 1979 (C+)
Battle Royale, dir. Kinji Fukasaku, 2000 (C+)
Khrustalyov, My Car!, dir. Alexsei German, 1998 (C+)


Aborted:

4:44 Last Day on Earth, dir. Abel Ferrara, 2012

No comments: